Monday 8 April 2013

SIG Group...

Hey guys,

So you might have already guessed but I'm properly going to be looking more at the drama side in my studies rather then dance. I'm currently exploring the idea of whether drama has a place on the national curriculum or whether it should be dropped and only offered as an after school hobby. This is due to the recent government cuts in funding and the refocussing of the UK educational system. 
Also I will look into the skills used as a drama teacher and how this subject area can help students gain skills that they can use in everyday life and not just if they go into the actual area itself. 
To kick start the conversations I have set up a page and invited people from all areas to respond, not just performers, as I want to get the widest response possible. Below is the link to the group! Have fun and comment away! 

Keep your eyes open for my survey coming very soon! 

Bye for now!

Jonny's SIG - Does Drama have a place...

1 comment:

  1. Jonny - I find the purple on the black hard to read!
    here it is repeated:
    Hey guys,

    So you might have already guessed but I'm properly going to be looking more at the drama side in my studies rather then dance. I'm currently exploring the idea of whether drama has a place on the national curriculum or whether it should be dropped and only offered as an after school hobby. This is due to the recent government cuts in funding and the refocussing of the UK educational system.
    Also I will look into the skills used as a drama teacher and how this subject area can help students gain skills that they can use in everyday life and not just if they go into the actual area itself.
    To kick start the conversations I have set up a page and invited people from all areas to respond, not just performers, as I want to get the widest response possible. Below is the link to the group! Have fun and comment away!

    Keep your eyes open for my survey coming very soon!

    Bye for now

    Jonny - as I don't think realistically drama will be taken out of the English curriculum in state schools, I think your questions needs to identify what it is that you are asking. Are you interested in finding out how after school provision, as a leisure activity, operates differently than the dram based within the curriculum? Is one seen as academic and the other as offering a wider range of skillets? Are there advocates for both? Is there a deb ate in the literature - you imply there is... so a more focused question and subquestions to help identify what you are doing in your inquiry plan.

    ReplyDelete